Since we started our business Future Controls has specialized in developing unique and unusual control system configurations for our customers. When we entered the hot runner industry in the mid 1980’s the industry had not yet standardized on the modular system and interconnect (cables) that have become the norm. Every processor and toolmaker had their own connector specifications and nearly half of all the product we manufactured was considered special, or non-standard. Although the demand for special configurations declined in the 1990’s, we are seeing a resurgence of these requirements due to more tools and control systems being shared between domestic and off-shore divisions of globalized manufacturers and joint ventures. Our extensive experience has equipped us with the knowledge to quickly and accurately supply our customers with customized product to meet their needs.
We have countless special configurations in the field, including but not limited to:
- Mainframe control systems with non-standard connectors
- Mainframe control systems with 15 amp and 30 amp modular controller zones
- Mold power and thermocouple cable assemblies with non-standard connectors on one or both ends (often referred to as conversion cables)
- Split “Y” or multiple split cable assemblies
- Combination mold power and thermocouple cable assemblies
- Mold terminal box assemblies with high connector counts or non-standard configurations
- Various junction boxes and jumper cable assemblies
- Digital controllers for specialized applications
Whatever your custom needs may be it is certain that we have already encountered something similar in the past. We can work from tooling and control system wiring diagrams or connector photographs. Or, we will create the specification based on your general description of the application.
Submit your inquiry and specifications to or feel free to call one of our technical sales representatives for assistance.